Plymouth and Torbay Safeguarding Children Partnership
Plymouth and Torbay Working Together
The Plymouth and Torbay Safeguarding Children Partnership (PTSCP) consists of the key agencies who collectively hold statutory responsibilities for safeguarding; Plymouth and Torbay Local Authorities (through Children and Families), Health (through NHS Devon Clinical Commissioning Group) and Devon & Cornwall Police. The PTSCP co-ordinates safeguarding services, acts as a strategic leadership group in supporting and engaging others and shall implement local and national learning from serious child safeguarding incidents. The role of the PTSCP is as follows:-
- Ensure children are safeguarded and their welfare promoted;
- Set and oversee strategic direction of multi-agency safeguarding arrangements;
- Determine equitable and proportionate funding on a yearly basis;
- Hold local arrangements to account;
- Challenge either other appropriately and hold one another to account effectively;
- Scrutinise the effectiveness of multi-agency safeguarding arrangements;
- Have oversight of multi-agency workforce development
- Facilitate and drive action beyond usual institutional and agency constraints and boundaries and ensure the effective protective of children is founded on practitioners developing lasting and trusting relationships with children and their families.
Worried about a child? Call 999 if the child is in real danger now.
If you are worried about a child or young person, or think they are being abused, even if you are unsure please contact Plymouth for a Plymouth child, or Torbay for a Torbay child.
Plymouth Gateway Service
Tel: 01752 668000 (select option 1)